Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Real Teeth!!

After 17 years I finally got what I ask for for Christmas!! MY TWO FRONT TEETH!!


     When I was 9 years old I was in a trampoline accident with my friend Kaylin. It was a warm summer day so we decided to jump on the tramp with the sprinklers (Bad idea #1). There was my sister Brooke on my left, and Kaylin on my right (Bad idea #2, never be stuck in the middle). As the oscillating sprinkler came towards us Kaylin slipped and I fell on top of her knocking out my three front teeth. Just the force of us colliding cause one of my front teeth to be propelled forward while the other two simply dropped out on the tramp. I ran inside as fast as I could, and after LOTS of blood, freaking out, and frantic phone calls we got my teeth temporary set into place and Kaylin got 2 rows of 18 stitches in her head. (She got the easy side of the deal!) For the next several days my family searched and searched through every blade of grass to find the third missing tooth but we never found it.  So over the last 17 years I have had several root canals to save my teeth, braces to re straighten my teeth, been on hundreds of antibiotics to kill the infection attacking my teeth, bone grafts, gum grafts, and implants (twice) all just to satisfy my Christmas wish! But after all is said and done I can finally bite into a sandwich like a normal person! No more of this asking for a plastic knife where ever we go so that I can cut everything into bite size pieces first! Although I must say that after so many years of cutting everything and never using my front teeth, it is quiet the adjustment! Every meal Adam reminds me to use my front teeth. But just the thought that I am finally finished makes me one happy girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Yah! So glad to hear that your teeth are much better :). Good luck and have fun eating lots of yummy stuff with your front teeth :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new chompers!!!

    ReplyDelete